AHC Connect (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is AHC Connect of The Stables, Paradise Wharf, Ducie Street, Manchester, M1 2JN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (submitted information): You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our services, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail, message or chat). This includes information which you provide when you register to use our services and when you report a problem with our services. The information which you give to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, a device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting;
- information stored on your device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content;
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To provide you with information about other services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous supply or negotiations of a supply to you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
To notify you about changes to our services;
To ensure that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Device, Content and Log Information:
To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
As part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising which we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our services about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Third Party Information:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AHC Connect or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of AHC Connect, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data and on registration to use our services) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which our services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org